Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Another great Taste Washington in the books. Thank you Kana Winery and Elegante for letting us pour for you. It was a great year to be both an attendee and worker due to a lower # of people thirsting for an easy drink and a greater # of people out to find the beauties of Washington state. The wineries had excellent wines and the food vendors equally good food. Although I did eat, it was the wine I was out find, and boy did I ever. Some must buys at great prices are, River Aerie Malbec and Sangiovese, Syncline was showing a Gruner Vetliner (excellent acidity), Robert Karl 2006 Claret, Kana 2005 Tempranillo, and as always Camaraderie had a star Cabernet Franc 2005. For the expensive big boys as always I found the Longshadows group to be outstanding and look for Saviah's Syrah Reserve bottling and Bunnell's single vineyard Syrahs. I am updating our home page www.ellensburgwineworks.com to reflect some of the treasures I found at Taste and will have many more of them in the store, shoot us an E-mail or give us a call we ship almost everywhere. For my usual epiphany I have to say I am shocked as to how many people I talk to out of the Pacific Northwest that have not discovered Washington wine and for you Cali files remember variety is the......

No comments:

Post a Comment